PROGRESSIVE SUPERVISION WORKSHOP
A Foundation for Succesful Leadership!
Public Safety Supervision is sometimes thrust upon a worker with no thought to progressive training. As always PSTC responds to your requests and we have developed this Progressive Supervision Workshop. This is a great step to building effective supervisors and leaders.
- The transition from line level dispatcher to Supervisor
- Liability issues of the Supervisors
- The work ethic of a Supervisor
- Writing effective evaluations and memos
- Work style recognition
- Recruiting, training, and retaining employees
- Rewarding Excellence
- Managing strong personalities
- Supervisory networking
- Counseling, Mentoring, and Motivating
- Setting expectations and core goals for the agency
- Evaluation for success
- Problem Resolution
- Choosing your leadership or management style
- Building your team to work with its strengths
- How to successfully write dispatch specific
- Policy and Procedure Manuals!
- The Human Side of 9-1-1 Supervision
This class is 70% lecture and 30% practical exercise or class interaction. One of the great things about our Supervision Workshops is that we ask students to bring their work "issues" and challenges to the class for learning examples. We allow training time to work on agency-specific issues. We don't allow our classes to become "complaining sessions". Our seminars are all with a "you can do it" attitude. We'd rather fix the problem than complain about it!
Class Length: 8 hours
Target Audience: This is a great class for existing Leads, Team Leaders, Supervisors, and those that may soon enter leadership positions.
Certification(s): California POST Plan IV.
- Call for details regarding other certifications.
"I love PSTC! I have never had a bad class and Progressive Supervision was no exception. I actually look forward to going back to work and trying some of Jay's ideas!"
- Wendy, Middleton Police Department
"I learned so much about my job, position and myself. Gave me options on the way I approach my coworkers, even family."
- Laura, Seneca PD
"Well worth the money and time investment. Excellent instructor. Fun, informed, caring- what a great class."
- Leslie, Utah County Sheriff's Office
"This class was very informative and insightful. Jay kept it interesting and he understands....this should be a required course for all supervisors..."
- Craig, Harris County Sheriff's Office