MODULAR FIRE COMMUNICATIONS TRAINING
Pick from the PSTC Menu and we'll teach the topics that you want!
Whether you are a Fire Specific Center or a Combined Center, we have a variety of training modules that will benefit your Call Takers and Dispatchers. Each module is agency-specific! Most modules are 2-4 hours in length. You decide what your team needs most and we make sure your people get the info they need.
You choose what you want us to teach. Here is the “menu”. Just ask us and we can guide you in the right direction. We also have a standard 1-day Fire Communications class if you would prefer that format.
- Module 1: "Backdraft, what are the dangers of a working fire. What 9-1-1 Professionals need to know"
- Module 2: ICS – The Incident Command System. A Dispatchers Role in ICS
- Module 3: Engines, Trucks, Ladders, Rescues, Brush Trucks, Helicopters. What does everything do? Limitations of the equipment you dispatch. Knowledge is safety!
- Module 4: Activity at the Command Post. How a Dispatcher can serve as an "Incident Dispatcher"
- Module 5: Resource Ordering. The ins and outs of special equipment or mutual aid ordering. What's available and where you can find it.
- Module 6: HAZMAT. What should you ask, who should you send? Know how to save lives from the dispatch center. We include manufacturing plants, high tech labs, nuclear facilities, refineries and transportation facilities.
- Module 7: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles! From daily accidents to disasters, we teach you what to ask and what to dispatch. Lessons learned and trends in dispatching are used to improve dispatch skills.
- Module 8: Aircraft Down! Airplanes don't just go down at airports.
- Module 9: Concepts of Mutual Aid. What's the terminology, who do you call and what you need to anticipate during an extended event? We answer these and many more questions.