COMMUNICATIONS TRAINING OFFICER UPDATE
A Great Refresher for Your Existing Dispatch Trainers
PSTC is very excited to provide this Communications Training Officer 2-Day Update Workshop, and we know you and your CTO’s will love it! We will refresh the motivation of your CTO’s and add exciting new tools to their training toolbox.
Topics of the workshop will include:
- Setting Goals, Expectations and Benchmarks for your Trainee: Is it possible to expect too much, too soon?
- Responsibilities of a CTO / Mentor – Leading with Integrity and Example
- Writing the best “daily observation reports” – what to write and what not to write
- Risk Management and problems “lying in wait”
- The Benefits of understanding the “adult learner”.
- What is a learning modality?
- Motivating the New Trainee – Keeping a Positive Tone Daily
- Observation Reports – Why You Need To Write Them!
- Planning and Conducting Successful Counseling and Training Transition Meetings
- Problem Solving for the CTO / Mentor
- What is “facilitated learning” and how does it apply to CTOs
- Using judgment, motivation and instructional effectiveness to enhance your CTO program
- Thought process, problem-solving and “teaching common sense”
- Creative “memory marker” placement
- Great experiential learning ideas
- What does every training manual need to promote success in your trainees?
This 16-hour course is a great update workshop that will infuse your CTO team and give them great new ideas and resources. Any lead, trainer, supervisor or manager will gain valuable knowledge, networking, and innovative ideas during this great workshop.
This workshop is perfect for any public safety communications trainer needing to be CTO certified. The workshop is an outstanding resource for Supervisors and Managers also so that they may learn the benefits of a standardized training program. This workshop offers more information and resources than any other 2-day CTO Workshop. For those that are used to APCO or other CTO programs, we offer our promise of excellence and guarantee your satisfaction!
Class Length: 8 Hours
Target Audience: Any public safety communications trainer needing to be CTO re-certified, Supervisors, and Managers.
Certification(s): California POST
- Call for details regarding other certifications.