COMMUNICATIONS TRAINING OFFICER WORKSHOP
Set your agency up for success with quality trainers!
The PSTC model is a refined version of the famous “San Jose Model” CTO program with our added PSTC “best practices” and various fantastic ideas from a number of successful programs nationwide. This workshop meets and exceeds all APCO and CALEA standards.
Hundreds of agencies have left other training providers to use the PSTC style of CTO. We spend more time building your people to be better trainers. Just because you are a great dispatcher doesn’t ensure that you are a great trainer or even that you are comfortable training. We solve those issues by teaching students how to teach, inspire, motivate and educate. We are SO proud of this course. Plus, there isn’t an expensive re-certification process like many programs. You need to seriously consider this awesome course.
This workshop is perfect for any public safety communications trainer needing to be CTO certified. The workshop is also an outstanding resource for Supervisors and Managers so that they may learn the benefits of a standardized training program. For those that are used to APCO or other CTO programs, we offer our promise of excellence and guarantee your satisfaction! This workshop offers more information and resources than any 3-day CTO Workshop!
Topics of the workshop will include:
- Setting Goals and Benchmarks of a Successful CTO Program
- Responsibilities of a CTO / Mentor
- The Vital Role of Documentation
- Using and Writing Standard Evaluation Guidelines
- Concepts of Liability for Your CTO / Mentor
- Setting Expectations for Your New Trainee
- The Benefits of Education Versus Intimidation
- Motivating the New Trainee Daily
- Observation Reports – Why You Need To Write Them!
- Administrative Support – Getting and Keeping It
- Conducting Successful Counseling and Training Transition Meetings
- Problem Solving for the CTO / Mentor
- Role Playing, Scenarios, Task Lists, Testing, and Success!
Class Length: 24 Hours (3 Days)
Target Audience: Any public safety communications trainer needing to be CTO certified, Supervisors, and Managers.
Certification(s): California POST, Michigan, Massachusetts and IAED Approved for CEU’s.
- Call for details regarding other certifications.
"I have been to 2 other CTO schools and within the first day [of PTSC's CTO Workshop] I learned more than the others combined and Kevin was fantastic."
- Michelle, Willoughby PD
"There is a lot of knowledge to be gained. I would highly recommend anyone taking it if they have any desire to train."
- Steven, Anaheim PDI
"This class should be considered a necessity to agencies! Doug is one of the best trainers/instructors I've had. He conveys his love for the job and wanting people to succeed."
- Christine, Solano County
"Excellent class. Not only entertaining but [the instructors] know what they are talking about. Class prepared me for my next step in my career as a CTO training new dispatchers."
- Katie, Fairbanks ECC